During the workshop, we will reveal all the secrets that are hidden in the Dynamics NAV Source Code. You will get answers to questions like…
- What are the new options and limitations of Extensions and Visual Studio Code
- How is Dynamics NAV Architected and how do the modules communicate
- What are Design Patterns and Anti Patterns and how do they apply to Dynamics NAV
- What impact do monthly rollups have to my roadmap and release strategy
- Why does Dynamics NAV have so much Code Cloning
- Are there documented coding standards and how can apply them
- Can I implement Object Oriented concepts such as MVVM, overloading and reflection?
- When do I create new objects and how do I structure them?
- Best Practices such as Encapsulation and Natural Language Programming
- Be familiar with over 30 most used Design Patterns in Dynamics NAV
- Saasification, what does that mean?
- Understand the impact of Meta Data on Software Design
- What is the difference between Reservation Entries, G/L Entries and Interaction Log Entries
The exercises in this workshop can be done both in Visual Studio Code and the Classic Development Environment on NAV 2016, 2017 & 2018.
The course has four, iterative blocks that explain the elements for good software architecture using Design Patterns – Repeatable User Interface, Coding Guidelines, Architectural Principles and Exercises.
- Introduction to Application Architecture
- Rollup update & Upgrade Strategies
- Design Patterns & Anti Patterns
- Meta Data Driven Software Development
- Define Object Hierarchy
- Make sense of Intellisense
- Function Libraries
- Natural Language Programming
- Arguments & Overloading
- Façade & Hooks
- Data Dictionary
- Hungarian Notation
- User Interface
- Singleton, Multi Level Setup & Rules Pattern
- Master Data, Entity State & Compound
- Documents, Copy, Posting & Archiving
- Test Near, Test Far, Do It, Clean Up
- Transaction Mirroring
- Forking, Templating, Customize & Exact Match
- Instructions in the User Interface
- Transaction Data Update
- Hiding Fields & Fast tabs
- Totals on Sub Pages
- Create Data from Templates
Model View View Model
- Working with Temporary Tables
- MVVM Pages
- Reports based on data in memory
- Query data on Pages
Workshop date: Tuesday 14 November and Wednesday 15 November. This is a two days workshop.