The first part of the workshop will focus on resolving so called “Expensive Queries”. You will learn about the importance of “Keys” and “Indexes”, how to detect problems related to them and how to implement appropriate solutions. According to this, you will get an introduction of several useful tools, like “SQL Profiler”, “SQL Trace”, TSQL/DMV etc. and some pretty cool 3rd party tools.
The second part of the workshop will explain the concept of locking mechanisms in SQL Server and how to deal with it in NAV. You’ll learn how to detect blocks and deadlocks, using on-board features and 3rd party tools. Finally you’ll get some inspirations about how to resolve and prevent blocking problems.
Note: This is a one-day workshop which will be repeated on Wednesday.The workshop is SOLD OUT (both days)!
- Skill 300-400 (Advanced – Expert)
- Attendees need to have some knowledge about SQL Server and TSQL, and of course Dynamics NAV programming.
- Technical workshop environment:
- Bring your own Laptop!
- You need to have a pre-installed up-running NAV/SQL Installation – any SQL Version (2005 to 2014) and any NAV Version (4.0 SP3 to 2016) will do.
- The SQL “Edition” should be at least STANDARD, DEVELOPER or ENTERPRISE; incl. SQL Agent, Management Studio, SQL Profiler, and “Books Online”.
- If available, bring your NAV Developer’s License.
- Important information: you probably WILL NOT be able to access any remote NAV/SQL installation via RDB, VPN, GTM, TV or something – you’ll need a local installation!