The workshop will deal with four main tasks; importing bank statements, importing currency exchange rates, exporting bank payments and general import.
For bank statements import we will cover different file types including text, xml and Excel document. We will explore different sources like file prompt, reading from a file path and importing from a web service.
For currency exchange rates import we will learn how to extend that functionality to JSON file type support in a way that can be useful for all import types. We will break down the simplified user experience that is built on top of the data exchange framework to figure out if that model can be used for other import tasks.
We will look at the process for bank payment export and see how to implement our own file format and web service delivery.
General import includes OCR results and PEPPOL invoices and we will break that process apart to understand how to customize those import functions. When we understand the steps we can build our own custom import using general methods that are easilly extensible.
Note: This is a one-day workshop which will be repeated on Wednesday.
The workshop on 16 Nov is SOLD OUT! Still seats available for 15 Nov.
- Skill 300-400 (Advanced – Expert)
- Attendees need to have general knowledge of the Data Exchange Framework (http://www.dynamics.is/?p=2528).
- Technical workshop environment:
- Bring your own laptop!
- You need to have pre-installed up-running NAV 2016 or NAV Madeira developement environment.
- Bring your own NAV Developer‘s License.
- Expect to be working with limited internet connection.